To request a drop off of a mattress or box spring at your local recycling facility please first check to see if your municipality allows for this dropoff service. If it does you can submit your request for drop off here – if it does not you can request for Curbside service through this web page.
Mattress and Box Spring Conforming Guideline for Drop-Off
An acceptable or “conforming unit” is defined as:
In order to eligible for Drop , a mattress must be:
- Free of bed bugs or other insects/vermin
- Not heavily soiled
- Dry – Lightly damp is acceptable
- Free of human bodily fluids
- Removed from any solid waste, trash, debris or other refuse.
- Enclosed in a mattress bag
- Placed at the curbside, not at the front door or in the front yard.
Pick up instructions unless otherwise instructed by staff:
- Mattress must be placed in a mattress bag to protect it from the elements and ensure safe handling for the onsite team accepting the mattress and or box spring.
- Place in the collection location or container onsite in the manner instructed by the onsite staff.
- Only mattresses and box springs are allowed.
What is not allowed for drop off:
- Mattress toppers
- Bed frames
- Pillows or other bedding